Eason

Easons Ground FloorFounded in 1819 as Johnston & Co. Since that time it has existed through some of the most exciting events in Irish history and has grown to become the main supplier in Ireland of books, newspapers and magazines. It was in the heady days of Parnell and the Land League that Charles Eason and his son acquired the business from W.H. Smith in 1886.
During the 19th century, the company was directly involved in the industrial and literary revolutions occurring throughout the country. Our railway bookstalls became popular, but this depended on a growing literacy rate. More people could read and so written information became much more important to the country as a whole. (Ref.: Eason & Son — A History by L.M. Cullen, 1989.)
Eason and Son Ltd. is a private limited Company, registered in Ireland (number 1279), with its registered office at 80 Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1, Ireland.

 

Opening Hours:

Mon-Wed 9am-6pm, Thurs – Fri 9am-9pm, Sat 9am-7pm & Sun 11am-6pm

Telephone:

01 8415601

Email:

easonsbb@newsrail.ie

Website:

http://www.eason.ie/